Monday, April 8, 2013

National Awareness Awareness Month

It is now officially National Poetry Month.

I wonder how these things are decided.

It is also:
National Sewing Month
National Lawn Care Month
National Child Abuse Prevention Month
National Multiple Birth Awareness Month
National Mental Health Month
National Soft Pretzel Month
Jewish-American Heritage Month
National Soy Foods Month
Pets Are Wonderful Month
Women's Health Care Month
Thai Heritage Month
National Pecan Month
Alcohol Awareness Month
National Parkinson's Awareness Month
National Older Americans Month
...and the list goes on and on.

My personal favorite is that April is also Stress Awareness Month. I think that one just about covers all the rest. Well, that and the soft pretzels.

I'm taking a step back from Awareness this month. While for some, this makes me a monster, I am finding it necessary to be less acutely aware of everything in the whole world. Because that's actually when I become a monster - when I get overburdened with a crushing sense of personal responsibility for all that ails the world.

As a matter of stress relief, I will be returning to my twin loves of poetry and soft pretzels. While I can't share the pretzels online, I will do my best to share some poetry.

14 comments:

  1. i had no idea that so many "national whatever months" existed! National Soy Foods month?? Holy crap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say that my family are incredibly grateful that I chose to celebrate National Soft Pretzel Month rather than National Soy Foods Month.

      Delete
  2. I have one small nephew, a lover of soft pretzels, who will find this very useful information!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your small nephew sounds like he has incredibly good taste.

      Delete
  3. National love a Lou month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. National love a Lou month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT now I am craving a soft pretzel like nobody's business.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to get some soft pretzels to eat while I read your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better yet, make some! I promise not to inflict all my own poetry on you poor dear people all month.

      Delete
  7. Did you get that pretzel recipe from Pinterest, Lou? 'Cause that's where I'm headed now. Pretzels and poetry, an ideal combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally got that recipe from Pinterest. Follow me and you can have it, too. That all sounds so creepy out of context.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and taking the time to say hello!